Physical Education Here you will find information about physical education at Norwood Green Infant and Nursery School.
As the year progresses, we will provide more detail about PE provision in the school.
Sport Premium Funding The Government is providing additional funding to improve the provision of physical education in Primary Schools. We want to make the best use of this money to benefit the children of Norwood Green Infant & Nursery School. We have decided to use the majority of this funding to work with Sport Impact – www.sportimpact.co.uk
Through a self-review with Sport Impact, we have identified priorities for development. We want to support our children in making progress in physical education skills. We also want our children to recognise the importance of being active and staying healthy.
The funding has been targeted, with plans to:
- Implement a scheme of work for Early Years and KS1 that will support high quality planning, teaching and learning.
- Increase the range of alternative sporting activities.
- Training in the awareness and the delivery of the Change 4 Life programme.
- Tailored CPD for staff to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- CPD opportunities for teachers in national PE programmes.
- Specialist support from coaches to work alongside staff to provide high quality teaching and learning in lessons.
- Increase children’s participation in competitive sport, through support with planning and delivering inter and intra school competition.
- Increase children’s participation in a range of physical activity extra-curricular clubs.
- Developing whole school health initiatives in raising parental awareness of the value of physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
The impact of the Sport Premium Funding will be evaluated mid-year and at the end of the academic year.