School Council Mission Statement
Our School Council is an important part of our school.
We are the voice of all of our children. It is about what everyone thinks, says and does to make our school a better place.
Aims of School Council
- School council gives the children a voice in school
- Each councillor represents their class for a term.
- We aim to listen to the children’s ideas and make changes in the school.
Role of a School Councillor
- The children discuss the latest topic with their class before meetings.
- They report to meetings to feedback on their class ideas.
- The ideas are then discussed with Mr Willetts and changes are enforced in the school.
As part of School Council, the children have been working to come up with a set of school values.
- Including everyone
- Good manners
- Being helpful
- Respect for others, our school and our environment
- Perseverance - DON’T GIVE UP!
The feedback from their classmates suggested that a school song or rap would be a great way to help them remember the values.
The lyrics are available for you to download and learn at home.
We hope you enjoy it!
***Video coming soon***
Thank you and well done to the School Council members
Autumn 2016 – Spring 2017